Sunday, July 26, 2026

I'm back -- just not here

My new writing can be found at beneathpsychology.com. RSS or subscribe by email, if interested.

The reason I stopped posting here is that I got a glimpse of a larger structure than could fit into bite sized blog posts, and it took a while to organize my thoughts into a book length piece of writing. 

It's now finished: Beneath Psychology: Truth-seeking as the engine of change. 19 posts, 70k words, complete with challenges and examples. It's designed to shift your perspective in actually useful ways by showing you what's true that you kinda already knew, yet didn't know you knew.

The title references the fact that the models and methods I use and talk about these days don't really have anything to do with human specific psychology, but rather the underlying rules that apply more generally. It's not that "hypnosis" and all the various other modalities aren't cool and can't do stuff, it's just that it turns out that you can do all that and more, and do it more better, by committing to the "naive" perspective that if you just figure out what's true people will believe you. No "cognitive engineering" needed.

That's the thesis, anyway. More over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment